Conditions Treated With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Learn More About Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Treatments in Ottawa, Ontario
Living with hormone imbalance isn’t easy. You may not know exactly what’s wrong, but you know that something is off. Maybe you don’t have the energy that you used to. Or, maybe your libido isn’t what it once was. Hair loss, weight gain and irritability are also common signs of hormone imbalance. Hormone imbalance appears in several forms, but…
There is a solution!
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy doctors in Ottawa, Ontario can get you back on track to feeling revitalized and energized. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is a natural, effective solution for combatting a number of hormone-related disorders, including
- Adrenal Disorders
- Adrenal Disorders occur when your adrenal glands make too much or not enough hormones. These glands produce hormones that you can’t live without, including sex hormones and cortisol. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can be used to bring your adrenal hormone levels back to optimal levels.
- Andropause is marked by the declining production of testosterone in men. This usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 55. BHRT is a natural therapy to restore youthful levels of testosterone and relieve the symptoms of andropause.
- Fibromyalgia is another autoimmune condition that mainly affects women over fifty, and it can be difficult to diagnose because it can mimic other conditions. The main symptom of fibromyalgia is widespread body pain that manifests in the muscles. Other symptoms may include irregular menstrual cycles, stiffness, migraines, depression, reduced cognition, fatigue, overactive bladder, and tingling limbs. Low levels of hormones can cause pain receptors to be more active and cause inflammation, and bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can help patients to rebalance hormones, which can reduce pain and inflammation, while improving the immune system.
- Insulin Resistance
- Insulin resistance occurs when your body either does not produce enough insulin or is not using insulin effectively. This causes glucose levels in your blood to elevate, leading to diabetic symptoms and complications. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy may help treat the underlying cause of some forms of insulin resistance.
- Menopause is a gradual process that happens when a woman’s ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy uses natural hormones to provide relief from symptoms and to correct hormonal imbalances and deficiencies.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is an autoimmune condition such as chronic fatigue may be improved with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. Chronic fatigue syndrome occurs mostly in women, but it can happen in men as well. While the main symptom is mental and physical fatigue, many of the symptoms seem similar to flu-like symptoms. Typically, in cases of chronic fatigue syndrome, patients can experience swollen lymph nodes, joint pain, muscle aches, headaches, general malaise, unrefreshing sleep, and a poor memory. Because hormones affect the immune system, balancing hormones can help men and women to improve their immune system and reduce the symptoms of chronic fatigue.
- Osteoporosis occurs when bone density decreases, often due to estrogen deficiency. Osteoporosis often occur in women after menopause. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help restore the proper amounts of estrogen needed to protect you from osteoporosis.
- Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease is a neurodegenerative brain disorder affecting the nerve cells in the brain. Research has shown bioidentical hormone therapy, especially two forms of bioidentical estrogen, estradiol and estriol, may slow the progression and symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Perimenopause occurs in the years before menopause when the ovaries produce less estrogen. Symptoms can include menstrual irregularities, hot flashes, low libido, vaginal dryness and insomnia. Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help ease the side effects of this natural transition.
- Thyroid Disorders
- Thyroid disorders are another common issue that men and women can suffer from. Thyroid hormone is one of the most important hormones in the human body because it regulates nearly every aspect of metabolism and regulates fats, carbohydrates, and proteins. Low levels of thyroid hormone can lead to hypothyroidism, which can cause symptoms that include weight gain, intolerance to cold, depression, constipation, cold limbs, irregular periods, and thinning hair.
Hyperthyroidism is the other metabolic issue that can arise due to an imbalance of thyroid hormone. In the condition of hyperthyroidism, the thyroid gland produces a high amount of thyroid hormone, which can lead to multiple health issues. Some of the symptoms that can occur with hyperthyroidism can include anxiety, thinning hair, a faster heart rate, increased bowel movements, intolerance to heat, and heart palpitations.
- Weight Loss Resistance
- Weight Loss Resistance can occur when factors such as chronic stress, age or genetic variables disrupt the hormonal balance of the body. Imbalances of estrogen and progesterone are typical causes of weight loss resistance. Restoring optimal hormone levels with bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help you get to a healthy weight.
Balanced hormones are essential for a satisfactory quality of life. Unfortunately, the symptoms of hormonal imbalance can go unrecognized by you and your doctor for years. Hormone balance is vital to a healthy lifestyle, so if you believe you may be suffering from imbalanced hormones, you owe it to yourself to learn more about Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Important Functions of Hormones in the Body
- Supporting growth and development from infancy through adulthood
- Regulating the reproductive system, including libido and fertility
- Working with the metabolism to regulate nutrition and weight
- Controlling and regulating mood states and cognitive ability
- Stimulating the immune system to protect from illness and disease
Specific Benefits You Can Expect from BHRT
Both men and women may undergo BHRT for low sex drive, hot flashes and night sweats, weight gain, mood swings and fatigue. For men, problems including loss of muscle tone, erectile dysfunction, low sperm count and loss of body hair may be solved with BHRT. Women experiencing sexual dysfunction, low energy levels and worsening issues with premenstrual syndrome may benefit from BHRT. This is just a small sample of the dozens of symptoms that may be caused by imbalanced or low hormone levels.
By far, the biggest improvement that people who undergo BHRT report is that they love their life once again. They are energetic and eager to engage with the people closest to them. While just getting through a day was once a chore, after BHRT, patients are eager to participate in all that life has to offer. And you can feel the same way.
It can be hard to put into words exactly how you feel when you are run down, aching all over, and just wanting to curl up and be alone. If you’re ready to conquer those feelings, contact a local Ottawa BHRT provider today for a consultation.
Contact a Ottawa, Ontario Bioidentical Hormone Doctor today!